Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wow. I just noticed that my blog now has 11 whole followers. I've come a long way in 2 years. :)
Hopefully in 2 more years if I'm not too old and boring I could have like 20 followers.
But I'm probably gonna have to start spicing things up a bit.

Hmmm I do have a spicy story that I probably wouldn't otherwise tell- but if I'm gonna reach that goal then I better start somewhere, right?

The other night the kids and I decided to go to McDonalds for supper. Not something we normally do, but we had just finished with gymnastics, it was late, and Dave had a guy at our house working on our shower (yep, still working on that shower!)
We walked through the doors of McDonalds and right away I noticed a guy in the back was really watching us.
I walked back to the playland to drop the kids off and then to the front to order our food.
And he followed me.
He came up to the line and stood beside me and asked, "so are all those kids your little brothers and sisters??"

Needless to say I had a good laugh over that.

But the funny part came later when I texted dave to tell him about it.
I told him, "so I just got asked if our kids were my little brothers and sisters."
And he said,"would you give that person a hug for me they are awesome"
To which I said, "I don't think it would have been quite appropriate for me to hug him after he looked me up and down and said, 'WOOOOOW'"
And dave said, "okay then punch him in the face for me"

So funny.
You just never know what a day will bring.....

And what today has brought is a sick wren. She and I were up most of the night together. She threw up in her bed around 1:30 and I finally got her somewhat settled on the couch with me around 3:30.
Today she is feeling a little better but she only wants to be held.
"I wanna hoooooooold you, mommy. I wanna hooooold you."
I'm trying to let her "hold" me but I also have a very bored 4 year old and a 1 year old who leaves a wake of destruction everywhere he goes. Everywhere. And he gets very jealous of wren holding me.
"up! up! up! up! up! up! up" follows every, "Mommy, I wanna hoooooooooold you."
I'm trying to keep them apart so the germs don't spread to every one of us again.
But I'm sure it's probably too late for that anyway......

I also have a mountain of bedding full of puke to wash.
I'm trying to get that done as well.
I just went to take the first load out of the washer and discovered that I washed 2 pull-ups and about 12 Clorox wipes (that were used to wipe up puke) in with the load. Sigh.

My poor washer. Yesterday it had to tackle a very disgusting crumb-filled and milk-soaked carseat cover.
Gotta quit giving that boy milk!! He dumps it every time!!
But then he dumps his water and juice too......

Ok now I'm getting boring again. Hope I didn't lose any of the 11 after all that puke and milk talk.

The real reason I'm blogging on a day like today is to fill you all in on our big news.
Everything went great on Tuesday, and Neiko's birth mom officially signed her rights away.
She is done.
I talked to her on the phone afterwards and she seemed to be doing fine.
Thank you to all who prayed for her that day.

Here's what happens next-
We wait for all the paperwork to be processed in AZ.
We send out a public notice for the father.
We file the AZ paperwork here.
We petition to skip over getting full guardianship and move straight toward adoption instead.
We wait 30 days.
We schedule the adoption hearing.

Our lawyer thinks it can all happen in 6 weeks or so.
Then Neiko is ours forever, we get to close the "adoption process" chapter of our lives, and we have a HUGE party to celebrate!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment