Monday, December 27, 2010

where to begin, we had quite a week last week....

we spent some time out in the snow and on the lake. we cleared a path on the ice, and i would lay the kids on it on their bellies and slide them. they thought it was hilarious. and wren especially loved it. she slides really far :)

koa's christmas program-

which was the morning after tyden and shaeya's. and we went straight from her program to ty and shaeya's party. and that was the end of school. yay!

dave and i went out one night for my birthday. so wonderful!!!!!

the girls and i did some painting-

all fun and wonderful....and then we got hit.
with puking and diarrhea right before all the christmases. all 3 girls got it, and i was very busy cleaning up after them and holding them and stressing over what to do about the 3 christmas parties we had yet to attend.

in the end we went anyway, lovingly spreading our germs....sorry everyone!!!!
i truly hope no one gets it from us!!!
but it would be totally worth it if you did, right?? for the pleasure of our company at the parties???

so on christmas eve i climbed in bed feeling very tired and happy that the kids seemed to be getting better. 2 parties down and 2 to go (counting our own.)

and then my first gift on christmas morning was from my girls. merry christmas to me.
i was up half the night in pure misery and wanting to just die and be done with it.

by some miracle by the time the kids woke us up at 7 i was feeling a little better and made it through the day on christmas.
only to be hit again the next morning.
but at least i got to be a part of things on christmas day.

this is where wren goes when she needs some alone time. i crack up every time.
see her feet?

smile, dave, i'm sure i'm not infecting you with my germs :)

after our own christmas we had my family's christmas.
we played 'deal or no deal' with $ from my parents. hilarious. we were playing for up to $150. some ended up with a hundred or a little over, but my sister and i ended up with $10 each. which my brothers thought was terribly funny. too bad for them my parents just couldn't let things stay that uneven in the end :)

so.....yesterday dave and the kids and i spent a quiet day at home. dave got to spend lots of good quality time with the kids as i was pretty much out of commission.

and then today.
today i am feeling better and actually able to eat.
sadly, dave is back to working all day and all evening everyday.
shaeya has been in bed all day with a fever, and wren just woke up from her nap with one.

we have a blessedly empty schedule this week. nothing to do but play with new christmas toys and recover from all the sickness.
my plan is to get in lots of quality time with the kids cause i am leaving them all for the first time in just 2 and 1/2 weeks!!!
i am very excited, and a little nervous.....

No comments:

Post a Comment