Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Beach Vacation

here's some pictures from our trip- we went with my parents, amy and jared and their kids, and barb (jared's mom).

we had a great time- and none of us were ready to come home.
(but i do have to say that being back in my own bed is awfully nice.)













shaeya loved catching the little "twizzler crabs"







gotta love these legs......



and the rolls.....







ty was pretty proud of this catch.....and he actually drew a crowd reeling this in by himself :)





let me introduce you to tekoa's new friend......she was crawling around in the water and put her hand right on this guy-



she let out a blood curdling scream and said it bit her- i don't think they bite, and i know she didn't get pinched or she probably wouldn't still have all her fingers- but she held her hand all day and said it hurt cause the crab bit her.

and then the next day at the zoo she was feeding these 2.......



and once again got a good chomp on the finger.

after the 2 hilarious (and okay, slightly dangerous) run-ins with the crab and the goose,
koa cried out "EVERYTHING is BITE me!!!!"
it still makes me laugh.




for some reason wren sticks in the chair now when i try to lift her out- we gotta slow this girl down!!

















it was so fun to have some care free time with the kids.
they were really good and really excited about everything we did.
they already want to know when we can go back. :)


we were just really saddend and our hearts are so heavy from the news we received on our way home.
after a tragic accident one of my little cousins (he was shaeya's age) went home to be with Jesus.
please pray for my family- especially his parents and sisters- as we try to to make sense of it and that we can continue to praise God for His goodness.

"O God, who is like You?
You, who have shown me great and severe troubles,
shall revive me again, and bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
You shall increase my greatness
and comfort me on every side."
Psalm 71:20

No comments:

Post a Comment