Thursday, April 5, 2012

just the normal, everyday chaos happening around here :)
my husband has been working 12 hour days, and i've been working 12 hour days around here too.....

i'm pretty sure tekoa has strep throat. she's had a high fever and very sore throat for almost 3 days now. and she was exposed to strep over the weekend.

i'm one of those crazy people who (most of the time) believes that our bodies have been made to overcome minor illnesses on their own. i don't medicate. there are exceptions, but i wonder if strep is one of those illnesses that returns over and over if you never let your body conquer it on its own.
we've never had it before so we will see how this goes :)

i'm weird about tylenol too!! i never give it to my kids!
i just kinda think that our bodies NEED the fever to kill the virus/infection, and that we need to learn how to handle pain starting when we are young.
i'm strange, i know.
it makes a little more work for me when my kids are sick, but hopefully it will pay off in the long run. and hopefully this will be tekoa's one and only bout with strep!

other than that, we are looking forward to Easter!
my church just asked me to sing at their informal, early morning service. and i'm really excited. just not quite sure how we will get 6 kids (and ourselves) ready and out the door by 7:15am!!!
we may not be looking too beautiful. please don't judge :)

and i said 6 kids, because the kids and i are leaving this afternoon to go pick up destiny!! (our goddaughter)
we are really excited to have her :)
she will be staying today through monday. she's hilarious. and sweet. and gorgeous. :)

the only thing i'm nervous about is the drive.
she has moved to a new town since the last time we had her. it's a big city- an hour and a half away. and i'll be driving on my own- with 4 of my kids. including the sick one.

strangely, the thought of sitting in one place for 3 hours total with all the kids confined in their seats sounds like a little piece of heaven.
it's my terrible sense of direction, and my ability to easily turn a 3 hour drive into a 4 or 5 hour drive that has me a little nervous :)
we'll be FINE :) at least for the drive home, when all have to do is push "go home" into my gps. i can usually handle that part okay :)

well, i have a million things to get done before we leave so i better get moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment